An advanced One Piece writing RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Pirate] :: [Monoka "Massacre Medley" Devona III] :: [Bloodrum Pirates]

2 posters

Go down

[Pirate] :: [Monoka "Massacre Medley" Devona III] :: [Bloodrum Pirates] Empty [Pirate] :: [Monoka "Massacre Medley" Devona III] :: [Bloodrum Pirates]

Post  i_am_a_virus00 Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:24 am

Name: Monoka "Massacre Medley" Devona III
Hometown: The Isle Of Barbarism; 50 miles southwest of South Blue Sea
Combat Preference: Knife-wielder (also adept at sword play)
Position at Sea: Captain

Personality: Cold-hearted and ruthless. She is infamous for having taken the lives of several pirates, so she feels she must constantly "act the part." Her crew expects nothing less from her. Aside from being cold-hearted and ruthless, her heart has been frozen; leaving her somewhat devoid of emotion. One could say she resembles a machine. She often disregards her own safety when it comes to fighting, and rarely shows any sign of intelligence. However, her skill and methodology has earned her quite the reputation in South Blue Sea, and for that, has begun to earn herself a most refutable following.

Appearance: 6'3/185 LB. Red-headed with darker, crimson streaks running from the roots. Most assume it is the blood from her victims that has never managed to wash out. She has a very athletic build, well-toned muscles; yet still sports a most feminine physique. Her eyes are black and menacing, entirely devoid of life; resembling something almost "demonic." She wears a thick, captains jacket with various pockets for cigarettes, flasks of whiskey and rum, knives (mostly - those are built in more towards her person), and flash cards for remembering the names of her crew, as well as others she associates with (she has a poor memory). She has also been known to wear torn blue jeans and thigh-high boots meant for rigorous treks, and the plundering of whatever her and her crew lay to waste.

Biography: At the young age of 8, Monoka lived with her family (mother, father, and two siblings: brother and sister) aboard a floating sea community in South Blue Sea. It was a rather expansive sea community with some 500 occupants dwelling in it at the time. Most lived a somewhat modest means, fishing and trading with each other; others simply wanted more for themselves and used their own self-made ships/vessels and ventured out in exploration. Monoka's mother and father were such people, adventurous, courageous, simply dreaming of the day their menial lives amounted to something "more." One day, Monoka and her two siblings went to the precarious wharf to do some fishing, as they typically did each and every day. With their parents gone most of the time, Monoka had to do most of the parenting for them; that included putting food on the table everyday, laundry, cleaning, etc.

Having reined in her usual catch, Monoka happened to glance at the sky, than turned towards the current pushing aside the water; when she noticed her parents ship slowly moving with the flow of the sea until it lifelessly docked alongside her. The scent of blood arose from the deck like a rancorous fume, permeating the air, startling her to the point she threw everything down and immediately leapt into the sea. Ascending the rope ladder which rested alongside the stern, Monoka quickly made her way onboard when she suddenly noticed the rotting corpses of her mother and father. Her father was clutching something in his left hand, while his right arm was clutching his wife's who was clutching a broken portrait of her family. Monoka screamed and quickly fled from the stern deck when she was quickly tackled by a band of ruthless pirates. They covered her mouth and spoke into her ear telling her that they were planning a raid of the sea community bastion. Monoka desperately wanted to warn her two siblings, but found herself trussed up to the mast with tears descending from her eyes.

Her parents blood sank through the deck like rainwater through a sewer grate. Monoka desperately struggled to break free from her bindings, yet discovered she simply did not have the necessary strength to do so. A light in the distance from a roaring blaze signaled the fall of her home and Monoka watched helplessly as the band of pirates pillaged it from corner to corner. They raped every last woman, they butchered every man, they cast every fearful child into the murky depths of the sea, and watched with delight as their small and fragile bodies sank like stones into the mouths of monsters. With the sea community burning like dry kindling, its support columns snapping like brittle twigs, Monoka saw a pair of cowering children in a life boat not far from her and found them to be her brother and sister. She struggled against her bindings until they bit into her wrists, drawing blood, but as soon as she thought herself to be freed, the pirates returned with their spoils and saw what had startled their captive.

Choosing to leave the two children to their fate, the pirates raised anchor and sailed away from the doomed sea community as the last of it collapsed inward, succumbing to the weight of the water like a light breeze to a house of cards. Monoka looked on helplessly as her brother and sister were all that was left of her home, holding each other tight as they slowly sank into the water while watching their older sister from afar. Determined to free herself, Monoka finally managed to slip one of her bindings when she overheard the captain ordering the disposal of her mother and father. One by one they were tossed overboard. Infuriated at what she saw, Monoka broke free from her bindings and slowly crept up behind the captain only to steal his cutlass from its holster. Monoka than outmaneuvered the entire crew and took as many of their lives as she could. When all was said and done, she was the sole survivor of the entire ship.

Everything belonged to her. With her family nothing more than a fading afterthought, Monoka felt her heart grow cold and her eyes suddenly took on a frightful look. She was all alone on a course unknown to her. So she decided to embrace it for what it was. The times they are a changing.

Method of fighting: Melee, switch between close-quarters to long-distance attacker. Because she is mostly adept at using knives, she will often use the very same cutlass which she stole from the captain occasionally. She is not proficient in sword play, but is not a novice either.

OOC: I'll submit my sample mission later.
i_am_a_virus00
i_am_a_virus00
Pirate
Pirate

Location : In front of a computer losing my hearing to heavy metal

Back to top Go down

[Pirate] :: [Monoka "Massacre Medley" Devona III] :: [Bloodrum Pirates] Empty Re: [Pirate] :: [Monoka "Massacre Medley" Devona III] :: [Bloodrum Pirates]

Post  Leviathan Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:38 am

So far, so good. You'll find the writing rules are rather more... lax here than what you're used to elsewhere, so feel free to swear etc in your missions. There aren't any real rules so to speak, so write whatever you want to your hearts content. We look forwards to reviewing your sample mission.
Leviathan
Leviathan
The Adminismoker
The Adminismoker

User Title: : The Enabler

http://sailtheseas.betaboard.net

Back to top Go down

[Pirate] :: [Monoka "Massacre Medley" Devona III] :: [Bloodrum Pirates] Empty [Sample Mission] Sid Viscous

Post  i_am_a_virus00 Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:03 am

SAMPLE MISSION

On a particularly unpleasant afternoon, the weather outside 'literally' was frightful. Ordinarily small, cresting waves suddenly turned into squalls as walls of water churned about like a witch's brew within a cauldron. Torrential rains spilled over the sides of her ship, pelting everything from the sails to the deck with large amounts of water. Lightning weaved its way through a dismal sky with the occasional thunderclap. The captain was asleep in a drunken stupor passed out beneath empty bottles of rum.

Lou “Ghastly” Morrison kicked in the front door to his captain’s office, his boots soaked to the brim with water; and found his captain asleep with a somewhat content look on her face. “We don’t have time for this.” He said aloud as he ran over to his captain and kicked the chair out from under her. “Wake up! Half the ship is flooded! At this rate we’re going to lose our precious cargo captain, or didn’t you notice that there’s kind of a storm going on outside.”

When she finally awoke, slightly dazed and stumbling about with the mother of all hangovers, Monoka propped herself up; palms flat on her desk, and noticed Lou sopping from head to toe, despite the several layers of rain gear he was wearing. She couldn’t help but laugh as she dragged the rolled-up part of her jacket sleeve across her mouth, ridding herself of the drool. By then water had already managed to find its way in as she walked across the floor.

3 inches of water had collected beneath her boot heel as she stepped lively to the porthole. “Please tell me you and the rest of your men secured the cargo, first and foremost?” Monoka inquired, as she stared intently at the gray skies before her. Lou swallowed his pride before answering her. “Yes, and no, captain.” Lou replied as he was prepared for whatever punishment his captain would hand him. Monoka simply turned to face him, sloshing through the water as it steadily began to accumulate more and more beneath her feet.

“Alright, let’s hear your excuse.” Monoka told him as she quickly made her way above deck. Surprisingly the main sails were still intact, whipping violently back and forth upon the mizzen mast. The mast itself began to creak like a rusted hinge on a gate, yet despite the sharpness of the wind coming in from the west, stood tall and sturdy amidst the center of the ship. Monoka quickly found herself being doused by the rain as she watched her crew batten down the hatches. “Well Lou.” Monoka said while relaying orders to Sid to come down from the crow’s nest. “I don’t have all day.”

Lou stuttered as he struggled to come up with an answer. “I’m not the one you should be directing that question towards, captain.” Lou mentioned as he gestured towards the crow’s nest. “You really should be asking Sid. Personally, I would have keel-hauled him for what he did. That fucking prick refused to come down as we were trying to secure the cargo, and because of his insubordination, when the storm was at its peak, we ended up losing about a third of it as a result.” The rain was ceaseless as it fell harder and harder making visibility even more scarce. A surfacing vein appeared along Monoka’s neck, a perfect indicator of her rising temper.

Sweeping rain fell upon the deck, coasting from left to right as it descended the stairs below deck, filling the cabins one by one. Winds howled as they came down from the sky battering her ship like a toy in a bathtub. Monoka simply looked at Lou, as if dismissing him from her sight, and gripped her gloves tightly only to ascend the hooks leading up towards the crow’s nest. In her mind she knew what she was doing was the very definition of insanity. But she also knew that if she didn’t do something, she just might very well cut Sid’s throat and toss him overboard. She didn’t want to do that, but her anger was slowly getting the best of her and she didn’t like it when her emotions were more in control of her than she was.

The more she climbed, the more she was thankful her heavy jacket and thigh-high boots were more than enough to keep her body from being sent into the sea. Just about the only thing she was worried about, was the fact the hooks themselves were even more slicker than she imagined, and the heels of her boots weren’t gripping against them too well. Faster and faster she climbed until the crow’s nest came into view. A two-man wooden basket, weather-proof but looking a little worse for wear as she began to notice signs of fading and cracking. Monoka immediately spotted Sid looking through a telescope out to sea, and yelled as loud as she could against the intermittent chorus of thunder.

“Sid! Sid, get your ass down from here or I’m going to drag you down from there myself!” Monoka ordered while maintaining her position. She felt Sid turn a deaf ear to her plea and began to grind her teeth back and forth, gnawing into the gum and lower lip which began to draw a slight trickle of blood. By then her anger had completely boiled over, so she climbed all the way up to the top and pushed Sid aside while stepping inside the crow’s nest. Sid continued to ignore her and opted to face the other way. Annoyed with Sid’s recent behavior she simply looked over the side of the basket and watched her crew. “They seem to have everything under control.” She thought to herself as she watched them secure the last of the cargo, as others ran below deck to relieve the flooding.

Out to sea a vibrant streak of lightning illuminated the sky as Sid turned to face her captain, choosing to stow his telescope within his right side pocket. Aggravated with her subordinate’s childish behavior she simply asked to see his telescope. “Do you mind if I borrow that for a second?” Monoka asked him, as she turned away from him and pointed out to the direction her ship was heading. Hesitant at first, Sid heaved a sigh before reluctantly reaching inside his right side pocket to retrieve his telescope. Before handing it to his captain Sid promptly asked Monoka what she was going to use it for. “Mind if I ask what you need it for, captain?” Sid told Monoka as the telescope finally managed to exchange hands. Monoka held it from the base in the slick grip of her gloves and simply told him. “Sure. I plotted certain coordinates in this location on the map. I was sure there was an island around here somewhere.”

Sid seemed elated at the sudden news from his captain and asked to have his telescope back so he could scout for the island in question. She grinned as she wiped the rainwater from her face and promptly sent the base of the telescope straight through Sid’s right eye socket, killing him instantly. With a tug of the collar on Sid’s vest she sent Sid careening into the clashing waves, a cloud of crimson collecting on the surface as she watched the current carry his body further out. On her way down, Lou couldn’t help but notice his captain was all by herself and grew somewhat suspicious of what had just transpired in the crow’s nest.

When Monoka safely touched down on deck, her boot heels squeaking from the dampness of the water; Lou asked her why she wasn’t with Sid, to which Monoka replied while heading towards the helm. “Sid’s been relieved of his duties Lou. Look at it this way, at least now he has all the time in the world to view all kinds of things through his telescope.”

[1321]
[u][center]
i_am_a_virus00
i_am_a_virus00
Pirate
Pirate

Location : In front of a computer losing my hearing to heavy metal

Back to top Go down

[Pirate] :: [Monoka "Massacre Medley" Devona III] :: [Bloodrum Pirates] Empty Re: [Pirate] :: [Monoka "Massacre Medley" Devona III] :: [Bloodrum Pirates]

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down